God's "SPECIAL" Agents



Children are God’s blessing. They are the source of countless joys not just in every family, but also in the respective communities where they belong. 

My youngest sister and my nephew are both Children, BUT with special needs. My sister is diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay and Seizure Disorder; while, my nephew is diagnosed with Global Developmental Delay, Seizure Disorder and Cerebral Palsy. Imagine, two members of my family are suffering from these neurological disorders whose permanent cures are not yet known to this date. While there are many people who are sympathetic and empathic with the kind of situation we are in, there are also some who are insensitive and judgmental.  

There were moments in my life that I keep asking God with so many Why's and so many What's: “Why them? Why in our family? What have they done to deserve this? What have we done to deserve this?” But, you know, God is faithful! He always reassures me that everything is under control, that everything is for the benefit of our souls. Little by little, I am being led to the conviction that these Children were given to us to be our silent and innocent teachers who will guide us toward a close encounter with God. 

My nephew can’t speak and cannot complain if he is not feeling well. Thus, teaching us to be sensitive with the needs of the people around us.

My nephew can’t walk or even stand on his own. Thus, teaching us to be always ready to assist those who are weak.

My nephew cannot eat on his own. He also cannot eat using his mouth, making his feeding through NGT or Nasogastric Tube (A tube inserted in the Nose going to the Stomach). Thus, teaching us to feed the hungry and care for the needy.

In the case of my sister, she can speak, she can walk and she can eat on her own. In fact, she is enrolled in a special education class where her diligence in school projects and the joy of doing it is very much evident. Thus, teaching us to have the right focus and attitude in performing our everyday tasks. 

Above all else, these Children taught us to be more generous, more merciful and more compassionate. Indeed, these children are God’s special agents in teaching humankind to love in a Divine Way, that is, unconditional and sacrificial.

In the innocent eyes of these children, I can see the Lord.

In the innocent lives of these children, I can feel the Lord.     

1 comment:

  1. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete