SHUT NOT HER WOMB

The greatest blessing of married life is to have a baby or babies.  I am married to my wife for more than two years now, but the said blessing, according to medical findings to my wife, seem far to be realized. My wife was recently diagnosed with uterine myoma and a total obstruction or blockage on her left fallopian tube. Our doctor said that my wife has still a 50% chance of becoming pregnant, since the right fallopian tube is unblocked and the right ovary is still producing eggs. Subsequently, the doctor advised us to have a “work-up” plan that would aid my wife to be pregnant by taking fertility pills. We monitored the effects of these fertility pills by having a series of ultrasounds to check for the dominant follicles. These dominant follicles, by the way, will release the egg or ovum through the process called ovulation. We do this “work-up” plan for the past 3 or 4 months, but the dominant follicles are always forming in my wife’s left ovary, which is connected to her blocked fallopian tube.


Even though her right fallopian tube is unblocked, I am suspecting that her right ovary is not in its optimum functionality of producing eggs. My suspicion came when one of the doctor-sonologists is checking for the dominant follicle in my wife’s ovaries, and found out that the right ovary is relatively small and, according to the her commentary, “too quiet” or less active. I asked my wife what could be the reason for this, and she told me that this could probably the result of her ovarian cyst opeartion five years ago. 
It is common knowledge that as a person ages, fertiliy drops. And so, my human mind tells me that our time is running out. 
With these findings and age factor, our doctor gave us two other options to conceive, by Artificial Insemination or by In-Vitro Fertilization (test tube), which we are not eager to undergo because it contradict our moral convictions.  
Right now, our only peace is the Lord. He is the source of our hope, because He is the Giver of Life and nothing is impossible for Him to do. With great faith, I pray to Him that He will hear, with Mercy, my plea: "Please, my Lord, shut not my wife’s womb." But if the Lord wants us to carry the cross of being a childless couple, then let it be done.

1 comment:

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete